Jan. 9, 2020
At Affinity Answers, our mission is to improve marketing through brand advertising effectiveness, measurement and improvement. Consumer privacy is at the heart of this. We are a privacy-first company and – as a rule – all our products are developed with consumer privacy at the forefront of our minds.
By using our website (http://www.www.affinityanswers.com) or by using any of our marketing services (the “Services”), you acknowledge that you understand the practices and policies outlined in these Privacy Policies.
Information we collect from our business users or through this website
Affinity Answers does not intend for this website or any of our business services to collect personal information (or ‘personal data’ for EU visitors) from children under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us via email at email@example.com
We collect personal information when you directly give it to us. We offer various ways in which you may contact us or send us your information, including when you try our audience tools, register for an account, send us emails, fill out forms, and occasionally through surveys. The information we may collect from you through these processes is:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Postal address
- Business information including professional title
On occasion, we may also ask you to provide us with information about another person and their contact information, such as with other potential business users of our Services, billing contacts or others. In such an instance, we will treat the other person’s information the same as yours and in accordance with this policy.
We automatically collect information about you when you interact with our website, emails, or on our social media pages. Like most websites, we use tools to measure your engagement activities, which may include the use of pixel tags and cookies. Finally, we send email updates and offers, and may collect information about your interaction with our emails. Specifically, we collect the following pieces of information through these interactions:
- Website visit analytics such as referral link clicks, pages viewed, and time spent on site
- IP addresses and general geographic location derived from IP addresses
- Registered Account IDs
- Cookie IDs
- Mobile Advertising IDs
- Email opens and click-throughs that will be associated with an email address
How we use and share collected information
We use personal information in order to;
- Provide you with our services, and for billing purposes.
- To improve our products and features.
- Communicate with you through email, including product and feature promotions.
- Personalize our website.
- Incorporate your feedback, testimonials or reviews into our content, products or Services. If we are interested in using any content associated with your personal information for publicity purposes, we will request your permission in advance.
We contract with service providers who use your personal information exclusively to support Affinity Answers, and include:
- Customer communications tools
- Web and app analytics
- App and software hosting
- Online advertising
- Survey tools
- Website creation and hosting
We will not sell, rent or share your personal information with third parties for their own uses without your express consent. However, there are occasions we may share personal information for a designated business purpose, including:
- Through the use of proprietary links, pixel tags and cookies served by marketing partners, social media, or interest-based advertising services that may use collected information from our Services to assist Affinity Answers but also to improve their products and services. Please see your choices below to opt-out of these potential uses.
- With any other divisions, subsidiaries or corporate affiliates of Affinity Answers
- If we are compelled by law to do so, such as through a subpoena or court order.
- If it is required as part of a business transaction where Affinity Answers or any subsidiary is acquired.
We may share aggregated information that does not identify any personal information, such as the number of website or app visits, referring partner metrics, or number of account registrations.
Your choices with our personal information uses
If you are an Affinity Answers business customer, you may contact us at any time and request the following choices with our use of your personal information:
- Access. We can provide you with the personal information that we maintain about you.
- Modification. We will correct any mistakes with your personal information.
- Opt-Out. You may request that we cease using your information for marketing or other purposes that are not required to provide the services you’ve requested.
You may also choose to opt-out through the following mechanisms:
- If you have received a commercial email from us, you will have the option to opt-out or unsubscribe provided in the email itself.
- To Opt out of any tracking of visits on our website and sharing of any data with trusted third party partner sites, please visit this opt out link
- Social and interest-based advertising partners, notably LinkedIn or opt-out of other potential ad partners through this industry website.
- Deletion. You can request that we delete any personal information about you, unless we are required by contract or law to retain it.
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Our website currently does not support Do Not Track requests at this time.
For European business visitors, review our EU Data Subjects Disclosures & Rights section below.
We conduct due diligence on all our personal information service providers, and require them to have adequate security protections in place. If Affinity Answers processes your personal information on our own systems or servers, we will also put in place mechanisms to prevent unauthorized access or disclosures. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other personal information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security.
We will retain your personal information as long as we consider it relevant in order to maintain a relationship with you, or as required by law. As noted above, you can request we delete your information at any time.
Affinity Answers collects and processes publicly expressed social engagements to enable brands to plan their marketing. This information is used to build a predictive algorithm. The predictive algorithm is then applied onto data obtained from advertising technology platforms to create more relevant advertising audiences.
Information we collect through our Services
We collect the following information from consumers:
- Pseudonymized social media identifiers
- Public engagements from consumer & media brands on social media platforms.
- Information from our advertising technology partners, which may include cookie or mobile advertising IDs, pseudonymized identifiers, demographic information, and other custom attributes.
How our Service uses and shares collected information
We use collected information to provide our social and other marketing services, including:
- Create lookalike or ‘act alike’ audiences for display advertising
- Provide market research insights
- Enhance customer or prospect databases with new attributes
- Assist with media planning
We share information with advertising technology partners, including
- Oracle Data Cloud
Choices with our Service personal information uses
Affinity Answers does not store or associate any directly identifiable personal information (or ‘personal data’ under the GDPR) such as names, emails or social handles with our pseudonymous and modeled information. We keep the pseudonymous information used in the model for our Services for up to thirteeen (13) weeks. We may maintain the pseudonymous records and associated signal information for up to eighteen (18) months from the date of collection for purposes of analytics and analyzing trends. As a result, requests for access, modification or deletion are technically difficult and practically limited. As an alternative, we can provide a persistent opt-out so that your social identifiers are not ingested into our Services. To opt-out, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your social media handle and a screenshot of your social profile settings page from Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
As noted, Affinity Answers works with numerous advertising technology providers who offer an opt-out choice. Please visit the following links to learn more about these choices; Oracle, Eyeota, Liveramp. In addition, you may also choose to opt-out of other potential ad partners through this industry website.
If you would like to make a formal data subject access request and are considered either an EU resident or California consumer, you may email us at DPO@affinityanswers.com and we will inform you of the required verification process to complete this request.
Affinity Answers takes all reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of any personal information. All information is stored on secure servers. We endeavor to protect the privacy of our information, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security.
We will retain personal information as long as we consider it relevant, or as required by law.
EU Data Subjects Disclosures & Rights
Affinity Answers processes personal data under the following legal basis:
- Contract fulfillment: We are a data processor acting upon the express instructions of our business customers.
- Legitimate interest: We use personal data to send marketing and other communications to our business customers. We may also use information about our business customers use of our products and services to improve our products and services. With consumer personal data, we use data to create aggregate or pseudonymized advertising audiences or for market research purposes.
- Consent: We receive information from partners who have consent to share personal data with Affinity Answers to use our appended data for their own purposes.
Affinity Answers is operated in the United States, and will process personal information exclusively in the U.S. If you are visiting this website from outside the U.S., then by providing us with your personal information you are consenting to the transfer of that information to the U.S. For business customers, we rely on model contracts approved by the European Commission, or the U.S.-EU Privacy Shield Framework when we transfer personal data to be processed by us or our service providers or partners in the U.S.
As noted above, if you are a European data subject and wish to object or otherwise opt-out of our use of your pseudonymized social media handles, email us at email@example.com with your social media handle and a screenshot of your social profile settings page from Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. If you would like to make a formal data subject access request, you may email us at DPO@affinityanswers.com and we will inform you of the required verification process to complete this request.
Alternatively, you may lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority.
California Consumer Disclosure
|Categories of Personal Information||Business Customers: Direct contact information including names, email and postal addresses, and phone numbers. Website visit information including Unique user or device Identifiers such as Account IDs, Unique Referral URLs, Cookies, Mobile Ad IDs (IDFAs for iOS and Android Ad IDs), Timestamps, User Agent Strings, IP addresses and general location data that is no more specific than a postal code.
Consumers: Pseudonymized social identifiers, inferences about social identifiers, cookie or mobile advertising IDs from partners.
|Purposes for collecting Personal Information||We collect personal information to provide advertising and market research services.|
|Categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected||Websites, social media services, advertising technology platforms.|
|Purposes for use of collected Information||We use collected personal information to provide business customers with advertising and market research services, track website activity, or improve our products.|
|Categories of Personal Information we sell||We do not sell personal information.|
|Purposes for selling personal information||We do not sell personal information.|
|Categories of Third Parties to whom Personal Information is sold||We do not sell personal information.|
|Categories of third parties to whom information was shared for a business purpose||Advertising services
|California Consumer Rights & Options|
|Access or Delete Your Personal Information||Business customers may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the business customer and your specific request.
Email us at DPO@affinityanswers.com and we will inform you of the required verification process to complete this request.
|Opt Out of Sales or Exercise Your “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” Right Under CCPA||We do not sell business or consumer personal information, but we offer consumers with the ability to opt-out of any of our future uses of their social identifiers by emailing us at email@example.com with a social media handle(s) and a screenshot of your social profile settings from Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.|
Changes to this policy
What’s new :
- Amended Apr 20, 2020, to reflect the changes to this policy procedures and clarifications to retention periods for modeled and unmodeled pseudonymized data in the Services.
by email: Data Privacy Team
by mail: 12708 Riata Vista Cir, Suite A-113, Austin, TX 78727