This privacy statement provides information about the
- Information that Affinity Answers collects on website visits
- Information that Affinity Answers collects for our products
- Ways in which Affinity Answers uses that information.
Information from Website visits
Your personal information
Affinity Answers may collect and use the following kinds of personal information for a visitor visiting our website.
– information about your use of this website
– information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the website
– information about transactions carried out over this website
– any other information that you send to Affinity Answers
Using personal information
Affinity Answers may use your personal information to:
– administer this website
– personalize the website for you
– enable your access to and use of the website services
– supply to you services that you purchase
– send to you statements and invoices
– collect payments from you and
– send you marketing communications
We DO NOT sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal data. We do share your data with trusted third parties, who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you. These trusted third parties are listed below. Where Affinity Answers discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Affinity Answers may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise, or defend its legal rights.
Information for our Products
Affinity Answers collects and processes publicly expressed social engagements to enable brands to plan their marketing. This publicly available information is anonymized and used to build a predictive algorithm. The predictive algorithm is applied onto personal data obtained from advertising technology platforms (e.g. Oracle Data Cloud), with the user’s permission.
Our mission is to improve marketing through brand advertising effectiveness, measurement and improvement. Consumer privacy is at the heart of this. We WERE, ARE and WILL BE, a privacy-first company and – as a rule – all our products are developed with consumer privacy at forefront of mind.
This statement outlines how we deploy a robust ‘Privacy by Design’ approach, integrating it into every business system when designing and developing innovative solutions.
- Affinity Answers adheres with the highest global standards of data protection and privacy, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Affinity Answers harnesses publicly available feeds from consumer & media brands on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We do not access or collect the private information of individuals.
- Affinity Answers only collects public engagements from social users and only those engagements that are with a post from a consumer brand (e.g. Coca-Cola) or media brand (e.g. a TV show).
- Affinity Answers DOES NOT collect public engagements between any two users. We DO NOT track or profile individual user behavior over multiple websites.
- Affinity Answers applies a high level of privacy protection by design. We anonymize (i.e. one-way hash so that a data record is not identifiable) every social ID that we collect which completely eliminates our ability to track and target a single individual.
- Affinity Answers products, namely, AudiencePlanner, Audience segments & BrandCure are built on :
- Anonymized, aggregated user-brand engagement data.
- Public, online social, user-brand engagement data
- Affinity Answers takes all reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of any personal information. All information is stored on secure servers.
- Affinity Answers has a ‘tried and tested’ system to detect, report and manage any data breaches.
- We have always believed individuals have the right to protect their data and hence our products are built with a Privacy-by-Design principle. Please find helpful links helpful links for Individuals to protect their data in the Opting Out section, below.
- Affinity Answers has a dedicated data privacy team reporting directly to the Executive Leadership Team. See Contact Info below.
- To Opt out of any tracking of visits on our website and sharing of any data with trusted third party partner sites, please visit this opt out link and ensure that both STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES section and 3RD PARTY COOKIES section are set to Disabled. Once you do this, your visits will not be tracked.
- To Opt out of any data that feeds into our products, here are helpful links for Individuals to protect their data. Following these will ensure that your data is not available publicly and Affinity Answers will not collect your data, going forward.
Other Opt Out Resources
If you’re a US based individual and would like to opt-out of all tracking across the internet, here are a few resources
If you’re an EU/EEA-based individual and would like to opt-out of all tracking across the internet, here are a few resources
Here’s a link that provides general resources to opt-out
This website contains links to other websites. Affinity Answers is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
by email: Data Privacy Team
by mail to 8920 Business Park Dr., Suite 250, Austin, TX 78759